A low calorie soup that makes a great summer starter or light summer lunch served with bread.
• 750g/1lb 10oz ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped and deseeded
• 300ml/1/2 pint passatta or tomato juice
• 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• 1 tablespoon olive oilpinch sugara few drops Tabasco (optional)
• 1 red onion, chopped
• 1/2 cucumber, chopped
• 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
• large bunch fresh basil, torn
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
• ice-cubes to serve
1. Place half of the tomatoes into a food processor or blender along with the passatta, vinegar, oil, sugar and Tabasco. Blend until smooth, if the mixture is a little thick then add a little more tomato juice.
2. Stir through the remaining ingredients, add a few ice-cubes and serve.