Welcome to mydiabetes.com. An online support and community service for patients,families,friends and healthcare professionals. Please do join us.

Do you have a diabetic recipe that you find to be outstanding? Why don't you share it with the mydiabetes community? Here's how...

Provide your recipe, in detail, in the comments below. Be sure to provide the total carbohydrates and if possible the diabetic exchange for each recipe.

Don't have the total carbohydrates...don't worry! I can provide the carbohydrates for you. Just send me the recipe in a message. I will calculate the recipes carbohydrates and send it back to you for posting here.

Make sure that you provide the source of the recipe if found in a cookbook or website. Also, if you can, provide a photo of the recipe so that others can see how it should look after the recipe has been prepared.

See the comments below for a recipe example that I have provided. Also, let me know if you would also like to see your recipe at the Diabetic Cookbook Blog. You will be credited here and at my site for your submission.

Thank You for your participation.

Diabetically Yours,
Adam

Views: 1077

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Diabetic BBQ Sauce

This is a wonderful diabetic BBQ sauce recipe brought to you by SPLENDA® from their sugar-free recipe collection, via the Diabetic Cookbook Blog.

Diabetic BBQ Sauce

Ingredients

1 tablespoon canola or extra virgin olive oil
1 cup onion, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 beef bouillon cubes
1/2 cup hot water
3 (6-ounce) cans tomato paste, divided use
1 cup SPLENDA® Granular
3/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
3/4 cup Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons liquid smoke, hickory flavored
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1 tablespoon Tabasco (plus 1 teaspoon for a spicier sauce)

Directions

1. Place oil in a large saucepan. Add onions and garlic. Sauté over medium heat until translucent (approximately 2 to 3 minutes).

2. Mix the bouillon and water until partially dissolved. Add bouillon mixture and all remaining ingredients to the saucepan. Stir well using a wire whisk.

3. Simmer, uncovered, 25 to 30 minutes to allow flavors to meld. Stir frequently. Refrigerate overnight in a non-metallic container. Sauce is best if prepared a day before using. Keeps well, refrigerated, for 1 week.

Additional Information

Makes 4 cups (32-ounces or 42 ¾ ounce servings).

Nutrients Per Serving: Calories 15, Calories from fat 0, Total Fat 0, Saturated Fat 0, Dietary Fiber 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 135 mg, Total Carbohydrate 3 g, Dietary Fiber 0 g, Sugars 0 g, Protein 0 g.

Exchanges Per Serving: Free

RSS

Events

Twitter

© 2014   Created by David.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service